even angels learn how to fly
[html]

He had liked Scintilla, but it was not his home now. She tried to imagine a world where Gabriel was not the leading force. A world of war. She had lived through war. She had seen death, but she was certain it was nothing like what Gabriel had experienced across the world. Oh, how she wished she could have been there. How she wished she could have know the world before her birth. All she knew now was Inferni, the new land and not the old. The furthest back she knew was the fire, in bits and pieces rather than a whole. Her childhood was mostly ignored — could she remember a time when they were a happy family? Everything now was scattered into ash, much like the old territory.

Scintilla had not been home, as all the places she had found would never replace Inferni as a home. He had fought more war beneath Kaena, leaving when the old woman had chased for her daughter, a Lykoi that Talitha had condemned alongside so many. Talitha had not fought a war. She had suffered the pains of being an innocent amongst warriors. She should have stayed away, but she hadn't. She wanted to be there for Gabriel. She'd only managed to make everything wrong.

A shake of her head dispelled her distress and she sat herself back on the ground beneath her feet. "I don't remember much. The fire — the colors and the smell — is it. Before that, and sometimes after that, it's all empty." Empty seemed wrong. Was there something wrong with her inability to know? "Does that make it worse for me, because I can't remember the old Inferni? Halo says I don't belong here, that I don't deserve your forgiveness when I leave." She hadn't spoken of the argument with her cousin in the past, or the girl's beliefs of her status in the clan, and it was difficult now that the outsider-turned-member was Centurion. Somehow, she felt childish, as if tattling on a sibling who had pulled her hair.

"I belong here just as much as anyone else. I was born before here was even claimed, and where were they born? Outside, to other packs and places," she whispered, speaking only for herself.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread