open ocean
I'm kicking the timeline forward a bit, because I thought it'd be fun. And because I'm lazy.

[html]

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... /arit2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He knew that someone was approaching, but the overwhelming scent of the salty sea air and the playful breeze snatched away the scent. Therefore Ari couldn't tell who it was until he was right next to him. Then it was apparent — it was his friend, Beppe. The darker child knelt down, asking what Ari was looking at. Ari searched for the words, as he didn't remember them totally. Some of the sailors who passed through the swamp had things like these. They kept them as trinkets. Ari looked across them, pointing at the odd sea creature that was in the shape of a star. That's a starfish. That one's a sea urchin, I think, he continued, pointing at a few brightly-colored spiny things.

He trailed a finger in the water, dispersing the minnows in an instant. They grouped together on the fringes of the rock pool, avoiding the tremors of the massive creature that was knocking on their doorstep. Ari smiled, and looked at his friend. My brother said that my birthday was a few days ago, he said, rather unexpectedly. He smiled contentedly, though. He was happy to know had someone to tell. He was used to only sharing such things with himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread