he came from the woods
[html]

Word Count → --

Weird ass post. Durrr.

"To be ready," Ezekiel replied.

Sage gave a slow, understanding nod as her body turned to face the sea, bloodshot eyes blinded by a sudden gust of wind and sand and water. She braced against the brief flurry and responded again with silence to his next words.

“Probably. Anyone can learn to fight, if they wanted to. Even little things like you,” he joked with a grin-- Sage responded with her own coy chuckle--, “Ever seen a blue jay attack a hawk?”

Of course, she thought before saying, curious, wide eyes locked onto him as she considered it. There was a reasonable pause during which she pondered over this question to a depth that only her favorite herb could bring about. The jays fend off the hawks all the time, she thought, excited that she could answer positively to her recent intriguing company. "Of course, all the time in the spring and summer. In fact, I think I saw one just the other day..." she said, trailing off for a moment as her golden gaze cast to the sea again.

"I have always admired the jays," she muttered aloud, her drifting thoughts spilling over. Then, her attention was returned, with little prompt. "You fight like them?" she asked, brows furrowed in wonder, confusion. Did the birds have a winning attack style? She'd never really noticed. Sage had hardly cared to analyze the battle styles of the birds as a child; she preferred to simply stare at them in wonder, much like she still did now.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread