A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Thanks for being so patient again! <3 Do you wanna rp the lesson, or wrap it up oocly?

Word Count → 450+

As the pair stopped and search each other for clues, Layla found nothing. There was no caring, no anger, nothing at all. Now she really didn't want to know. The female wished to be done with this and on to something else. What she did find was an expression not far different than the one she had seen as her brother hunted a rat. Layla swallowed hard and stayed perfectly still. Her heart beat a running pace but she dared not move. The pause was awkward, but it seemed as if the Jaden she had known for this short conversation had returned. He looked hurt. Layla squinted at him. A killer would act innocent, wouldn’t he? Once one was skeptical, it was difficult to change their mind. Relief washed over her face. She'd rather he'd lie and fake innocence then finish her off.

"I don't know you. I don't know. Like I said, I don't wanna know," Layla laughed, hoping he'd think that her suspicions were gone. Layla didn't need to see suspicious weapons. She knew nothing about bladed gauntlets, or swords, or bows. Layla nodded, hoping this would be the end of that. Changing the subject had been a good move, and he went with it. If he really was innocent, Layla hoped she hadn't offended him too badly. It would be a serendipitous thing for both of them to just forget and move on to hopefully being friends.

Jaden said that he might join a group of wolves with her and she smiled. What was with this new found timid quality, she wondered. "Better on my side than not," she quipped with a jovial smile. "Do I need to give you a formal apology and a hug to forgive me?" she stopped and asked with a raised eyebrow. She wanted him to move on, killer or no, and forget she said a word. Instead, their memories getting lost in the prior and ending portions of conversation.

"I have only managed rabbits by chasing them away from the burrows until they have a heart attack and fall over," Layla admitted. "They often make a mad dash and barely make it to their home. Otherwise, I've been stalking hunters and after they kill, jump them with surprise and make a mad dash with their meal..." Layla hated admitting to being a thief. It wasn't very honorable, even if it was a bobcat. "Well that makes two of us. I've never hunted with another." Layla shuffled her foot as she debated whether or not to give in to her weakness. "Yeah... I'm starving; haven't gotten lucky in a couple of days. Lower form is fine," she said, feeling her body slip into her secui form. In her state, she didn’t know how long she could hold up in lupus. She looked at Jaden expectantly, meeting him eye to eye.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread