My lungs are filling up with dust
[html]

short x.x

Her whole body seemed to burn despite the chill on her skin. After assuring that Anu was not in immediate danger any longer, her eyes closed against the various pains that were coursing through her weary body. For some time the physical aches were all her mind could focus upon, but as they gradually subsided other thoughts filtered through her consciousness. Why hadn't her friend been able to cross the river? She wished to attribute it to Anu's weakened state after her winter illness, and not the fey's age. Even though she knew that the Praetor was older than her, she had never considered Anu old. The truth of the matter was that neither of them were getting any younger though. Such thoughts concerned the Consul, but she locked them away in her heart, unwilling to give voice to them. Just another small burden to bear; nothing compared to the heavy grief that filled up every second of her days and nights.

With her eyes still closed, she did not notice Anu's small movements, and only became aware of the outside world again when an empty thanks was spoken to her. Emeralds opened back up and her head rose languidly from the frozen ground. The look in her eyes was inscrutable despite the confusion she felt for the tone her friend spoke in. "You don't need to thank me," she said in a hollow voice. "It's just a comfort to know I do not fail all those that I love." At least she hadn't allowed the river to claim Anu as she had let that she-devil take her son.

<style type="text/css">
.savisadfreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e888e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #151515; }
.savisadfreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; text-align:center;}
.savisadfreeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.savisadfreeb {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#3d3d3d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... isad01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #7e888e; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.savisadfreeb-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #151515; margin:0 auto;}
.savisadfreeb-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #323638; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
---
[/html]

Messages In This Thread