tethered to the dream
[html]

wc:328 Sorry for the delay! D:

The Marino found the saw he was looking for amongst the random assortment of tools and set it in the grass alongside the gathered set of wood. He leaned back on his haunches, eyeing all the materials and mentally going through the steps of the project. The main base of the door was already done, now only in need of the framing that would match it to the other doors. Cut them up, apply them with a bit of hammering and gluing, and then it would be all ready for attachment.

His mental walk through the step-by-step process was quite easily pulled off track by the sound of footsteps and a call from behind him. Ehno turned from his crouched position to find an unfamiliar face to go with the unfamiliar voice. The Marino figured him for a newcomer, a fact defended by the very faint scent of the pack accompanying him. With Ehno’s recent trend for lengthy excursions and this stranger apparently being quite new to the pack itself, he wasn’t surprised to discover that he didn’t know him. He was a younger wolf, pale yellow eyes standing out from his fur’s mixture of dark hues. He approached with an offer of help and a friendly demeanor that immediately received the approval of the older Dreamer.

“Can’t say no to an offer of help, now can I?” he said, a friendly grin lighting up his features. He stood up, one hand absently patting the sawhorse beside him. “I’m Ehno, Lignarius—er, carpenter—of the pack.” Accented words were punctuated with a nod. “I’m just trying to fix up one of the doors on the stable here.” He gestured to the sad and crooked looking door. “It shouldn’t be too hard, but it would definitely go faster with two sets of hands.” Ehno was certainly glad for the offer of help; despite his usual tendency to work alone, the sociable Dreamer would appreciate the company and the assistance.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread