and the owl called
[html]

Okay, coolio :3 This came out longer than intended >.>

It appeared there was nothing he could say or do to thaw the chill that she was sending his way. It was not surprise that Chitsa could react to something or someone in this way. Nayati had seen many get such treatment from the Amara woman in fact. He reflected briefly how funny it was, the differences there were in the Amara family between men and women. Dawali was a mild tempered as a soul could be, and yet his eldest daughter and younger sister were fiery things, easy to anger. The Utina had learned to dance with the easily shifting moods of Asha and Chitsa as they had all grown up together and prided himself on the fact that he could almost always stay out of the way of their wrath when it came. Now he was unexpectedly caught in the sights of Chitsa's disapproval.

At least the blue-eyes Amara was not one to beat around the bush, so he would hear whatever it was he had done to displease her right from her mouth. She said she was not offended, but disappointed, and Nayati's head tilted to the side as his brows knit with even more confusion. Though that expression was soon replaced with one of complete and utter shock as Chitsa explained his trespass. She knew how he had felt about Asha? He was stunned. He had thought no one had known the true feelings he harbored for Dawali's daughter, for he had breathed not a word of it to anyone. As the shock wore off though the old feelings of hurt that had stung him when Asha had left this tribe without a word returned and he looked seriously as Chitsa's back. "Yes, I followed Asha here, but when I arrived I barely saw her. Then one day she was just gone. No words of goodbye, not anything. How else was I supposed to interpret that? She gave me silence and I took it as her answer." True, he had never actually asked a question, but if Asha had wanted to be around him, she would have. If she had felt the same, she would have stayed.

"I did not expect what happened. Not with Asha and not with Liliana, but they happened. What is, is." He could not make Asha love him anymore than he could control the direction of the wind. Liliana had loved him, and he had grown to love her as well.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifrb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a6d0e0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #284e5d; }
.nayatifrb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#152836; text-align:right;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #284e5d;}
.nayatifrb1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.nayatifrb1 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#40688b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... nafb01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #152836; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#152836; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #40688b;}
.nayatifrb1-border1 {width:482px; border:1px solid #40688b; margin:0 auto;}
.nayatifrb1-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #5e84a6; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread