there's a drumming noise inside my head
[html]

Word Count → 356

:o

Sage came closer to the tent, and her dull gaze sharpened. The singing voice was too familiar; even over the notes of the instrument and the chirps of their avian fellows. The tan girl hung back, though. She wanted to be certain. Drawing the herb to her lips, she craned her head to and fro to try to get a better look into the tent, but to no avail.

Finally, after some strange murmurs of complaint surely not directed towards her, he emerged. And just like that, Daddy was back; and just as she'd remembered him! Closing a small palm over her mouth, she gasped, taking a shaky step forward; she couldn't believe it. Her handsomely bejeweled father took a moment through his rosy glasses to be sure of what he saw. Then, together, they broke into a pair of smiles so wide one might wonder how they could still see.

"Oh, Daddy!" she called as she rushed forward, throwing her arms around him in a tight embrace as she leaned into his. "Daddy...where have you been for so long?!" she gasped excitedly, her entire body shaking with a wide array of emotions. Creamy hands fell firmly to his shoulders as she leaned back, getting a full look at his face through hazy eyes. Though it had been a couple of years, Sage still recognized the youth in his eyes and face; hopefully he still held on to that, as she did. He even still dressed similarly. How had she not found him?

"I've been looking for you for so long...! China and Clover have, too. Is this where you've been the whole time?" Sage stared around in amazement, golden eyes wide and curious for the place that her father called his home, even if it was temporary. As she turned her gaze back to him, she frowned, speaking softly. "We were afraid you were dead, Daddy..."

Her head fell against his chest, dark brown waves obstructing her vision. Through the layers of cloth, she could just barely feel his heartbeat. Closing her eyes, she clung tightly to him. She had to know he was real.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread