Hold me, for I am weak
It seemed like a life time before she heard and smelled the familiar presence of her mate. Her limp body ached for his touch, and her eyes partially opened, with tears staining the fur below them. She had failed him, she wasn’t strong enough to bring his children into this world, and all she wanted to do was kill herself for it. A paw clutched at his arm, as she looked up at his face, seeing the tears on his face. What could she do, what could she do to ease his pain.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t strong enough” she squeaked out, words choked with grief, her body to sore to move and snuggle into his chest. This wasn’t supposed to be how it went; they were supposed to be parents now, where supposed to be a happy couple raising their children. The one thing she was supposed to do to make that happen she wasn’t able to do.

“I don’t know what else to do” she squeaked, trying to find some sense in it all. Demi was still too weak to move much but already the urge to clean herself, and some remaining motherly instincts telling her to move and remove the dead children where hard to overcome.

Messages In This Thread