Rumor Has It
[html]

Word Count: 501

“Hmmm,” the silver wolfess mused. So that was his mate now. Mars had told Pixie that Shaw and Orin had had sort of a “one night fling,” as he put it, but she hadn’t heard of him getting a mate. She didn’t even really know who Sky Katrtuk was, though she recalled her name coming up a few times while she was visiting Cercatori. She hoped that Sky wasn’t taking Shaw’s leaving too badly either, though being his mate and all, it must have been hard. Pixie wouldn’t know much about what it felt like to leave friends and family; she had left her parents and their pack when she was younger, but it had not been a painful goodbye in the slightest. Melbourne, the sibling whom she was closest to, had left months before her, and she felt little love towards her other siblings and her parents. She didn’t doubt that they felt the same towards her.

She and Skye went through the guitar solo together, and the fact that they constantly had to pass the guitar back and forth between them—Pixie to demonstrate and Skye to try and copy it—reminded her once again that she needed another guitar so that they both could play at the same time. After they were done practicing guitar, Pixie went through the reading exercises with little trouble, stumbling here and there but eager to learn more of the weirder phonetics that Skye was teaching her (English had a lot of them, she noticed quickly).

Pixie laughed at her friend’s nudge, but she supposed that she should mention something about her own life. “Not much in Crimson Dreams at the moment. We expanded our territory, which means more places for me to explore. But as for mates…well, there was this one guy from Inferni that showed up near the borders a while ago. Revan, I think his name was. I ran into him and…things happened.” The silver girl shrugged her shoulders. “But it wasn’t anything serious. Don’t know if I’ll ever see him again. There aren’t many choices in my own pack. There’s a few guys around my age, but I’m not particularly close to any of them, and since a couple of them are related to Savina—one of them’s her son, even—I feel like I’d be under pressure if I ever got together with them.”

She sighed and added, “But who knows? Maybe soon there’ll be another fella who joins the pack that I can get to know. In any case, I ain’t quite ready to settle down just yet. I mean, I’ve given up being a loner and living the life of a nomad, but I still like to ride around outside the territory, coming here to Cercatori and visiting other places nearby. If I were to have pups, I’d be stuck in Haven Manor for months, first with being pregnant and then caring for the little buggers. I still wanna have some fun before that, ya know?”

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread