Somewhere Over The Rainbow
[html]
the frown lifted slightly as she began to speak, and he leaned forward, grateful for the proximity. he couldn’t make out everything she was saying, but he heard his name, so she must know him as well. he smiled, sheepishly, intently trying to catch her name. aqui was all his caught, but that was okay. his memory jumped—aquilina. that was who this female was. a real grin broke out across his face. samson remembered her. his mother’s friend’s daughter or something, he had had quite the puppy crush on her. the day they had to go back 127.0.0.1 had syntax error'd his heart. who would have thought that he would run into her again, here of all places?

’it’s nice to see you,’ the were said simply, still smiling. he didn’t realize he had missed the second part of her statement, her question, when she stood up. the red animal rose, letting his gaze drop over her, studying her. she looked different than he remembered; then again, he had been a child then. sam was sure he had looked quite different, then, too. and he hadn’t been impaired… ’s’been a while.’ he continued, suddenly nervous. how did he tell her he couldn’t hear her? a lingering scratchiness still gripped his voice, and the volume continually went all over the place, because he had no way of judging it.

samson sighed. ’aquilina, i should tell you… i, ah, well it doesn’t matter how it happened. but i’m… deaf.’ drop a bombshell like that, let’s see where the conversastion goes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread