End of Me.
[html]
+3

She knew his intelligence level, while never really extraordinarily high, was hampered under the influence of alcohol, but did not see it to be a valid excuse. If agreeing was a mistake, she wanted nothing to do with him. But he didn't admit to such a thing, instead continuing an attempt of defending himself that brought about minimal damage to her ego. All she could do was watch him, silent and critical with a red gaze that flooded with melancholy. She was worthless, useless, and the proof was there as Cotl continued to dance around the subject — if she couldn't keep a man she knew to appreciate her, what hope was there in the world that she could be necessary? Was it really only Enkiel would could stomach her? That was useless to her, as the handsome jackayote was her cousin.

Cotl surprised the de le Poer, however, by apologizing before slowly explaining his point. He wanted her — well, that was obvious — and his thinking had been wrong. Her ears turned forward to listen closely. His question mirrored her own from nights before, albeit more polite and less demanding. She hadn't truly asked him, after all. It didn't matter. Remaining silent, she stepped forward, the smudged paint of the blue-eyed wolfdog's face clinging to her back as one arm reached for what was in his hand. "Yes." She would, for it'd been her idea from the start — she didn't love Cotl, but he was close enough to her only friend for it to make sense in the mind of the pregnant Imaginifer.

And then her mood changed. From apathy to darkness, the shadows of her past sank in and she turned away to study the ring he'd presented. "You're sure this is what you want, Cotl?" She didn't look to him as she spoke, gathering her words. "Because I am not my father, who let my mother do as she pleased even at the expense of their relationship." Her face turned back towards the orange man. "Neither of us have history of...faithfulness, but if I find out you've been with other women — or men — I'll either have someone else do it, or I'll kill you myself. And any children that might have occurred because of it." A dire punishment for something that might not have been so serious to others, but she could remember her mother and she could remember what had happened between her and Gabriel and she would not allow herself to suffer the same way after such a large step had been taken. After all, she abhorred the idea of mateship and the dangers it presented.

<style>
.zero-talitha p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-talitha b {color:#CE4206; font-family:times,serif; font-size:12px; }
.zero-talitha {font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#854501; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#FEF4AD; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QG0Mg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #854501; width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread