from the edge
[html]
mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

Her father spoke with faint mirth and she allowed her features to brighten with the plastic smile learned from watching her brother. "I enjoy Ezekiel's attention; it's a shame he's my brother, he's absolutely perfect." Sometimes she wondered if she would feel the same were the situation different — if he wasn't family, would she give the Aquila a second glance, or even a first? The depth that she loved her brother at transcended all other emotion, but she realized that the love she had was there simply because he was her brother. If he hadn't been, she would have never cared. Of course, she believed that would have been better — her fears lingered around the idea that some day Ezekiel would find another, replacing her in his life. Worse yet, in his heart.

"I'm sure I'll be fine; if Cotl slacks off, Ezekiel would take up the job. He loves me, even though we don't get along." The idea that they didn't get along was a hard one for Talitha to swallow, as she put all of her effort into maintaining her brother's happiness. Still, it was true. She had ruined something and though he continued to tell her he loved her, she could tell when he was angry. She couldn't remember when he had been angry with her in the past. The idea of it caused her false smile to fade. "He's going to hate me — I haven't told him about Cotl yet."

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread