from the edge
[html]

+3

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

She couldn't disclose to her father what had occurred in the forest, between her brother and what had once been a hulk of a wolfdog. Gabriel was, in some ways, close to the situation — while he didn't leave the lands any longer, she did not trust his loyalty to keep his mouth shut to the woman from the cesspool of hybrids against the sea. Caillen was a ghost, and his ghost was a secret for only Ezekiel and his sister to witness. She had promised, he had listened, and she would not betray his confidences by speaking the words to anyone until she told the whore woman herself.

He agreed that Ezekiel would disapprove, perhaps more so than Gabriel did, but offered his own insight into the matter. His words left her cold, a stubbornness that was not unfamiliar in the woman filling the air around her. "He won't find anyone — he's already promised he'll never leave me again." Had he really? Had he used those words, or had she imagined them? It didn't matter — what mattered was that she refused to lose him to anyone, from outsiders to another woman on the inside of the clan. That moment hadn't come yet. She wasn't excited for it.

Her head shook once or twice, tossing auburn curls around her face before they came to a stop. "There's no reason for him to dislike my choice — I don't love anyone but you and Zekie, there's no reason to. I've seen what love does. I won't let it ruin me like it's ruined you." Ruined. Yes, he was ruined by the concept of love — perhaps her uncle had been right to think she was afraid to love, but it didn't matter what fear she might have had. The simple fact was that Gabriel had once been more...and what she perceived to be love had taken something from him over the years that she couldn't quite place.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread