New life New home
[html]

Barrett Poer de Aika XIII

Barrett had been asleep when the howl rose up from the borders. He unfurled from his curled up position on the main deck of his covered bridge and rose with a languid stretch. The yearling cast a sideways glance to the opening in the rafters; Helix was up there inside his terrarium, but the snail would be safe for now. The earth-toned hybrid set off at a brisk trot and sounded a quick yowl, both to let the visitor and any other Dreamers he was en route.

At last, he spotted a splotchy male on the borders. The pack wolf's tail and hackles rose on instinct; whoever this guy was, he got bonus points for announcing his presence, but Barrett was always wary of strangers in their halfling form. He'd always been taught it was rude to approach claimed soil as anything but the unassuming lupus, and he made a point of downshifting whenever he had to visit other packs—even when it seemed really incovenient. As such, he kept a guarded distance from the younger male.

Still, he wasn't too hasty in his judgements. “Hey there,” he greeted casually, looking the hybrid up and down. Just when he thought a canine's colouration couldn't get any more unique, nature had yet another surprise in store. Barrett had grown up in the company of coyotes, hybrids, and dogs—but in the case of the latter, they were usually spitz hybrids. He'd never seen a merle coat; it looked like someone had haphazardly flung a brush of dark paint against a canvas of blue-grey. Strange. “You've reached Crimson Dreams; I'm Barrett. You're looking for a home, I presume?”

Image © wwarby@flickr · Font — Just Me Again Down Here · Table — Kiki
<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti {width:450px;margin:0px auto;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content {text-align:justify;background-color:#5a4227;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;padding:220px 10px 0 10px;color:#E2860C;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... iki-bg.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Just Me Again Down Here', arial, serif;font-size:49px;color:#e8a605;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000000;padding:0px;margin:0px;padding-bottom:9px;text-indent:0px;background-image:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:link, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:visited {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:active, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:hover {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content b {color:#1591a1;letter-spacing:1px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #144DC6;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content p {text-indent:30px;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... indent.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread