Warmth of the heart
[html]
Sky is displeased. Time to haul out the radioactive robots, yo.

She didn't close the door. She didn't soften any at his words, but she didn't close the door either, which meant that it was working... very slightly. Her eyes moved to the plants and she frowned scoldingly. You shouldn't have picked them by the stems. That kills the plant. Still, she reached out and took them from him, brushing past him and over to a pot she had resting near her front door, setting them in there and moving back to close and lock the door. I was going to go for a walk anyway. You might as well tag along.

She turned and walked past him down the front steps, pausing to adjust the skulls a bit, straightening one that had slipped crooked. As her fingers left the smooth surface of the fox skull, she frowned and hesitated. When she spoke again, her voice was soft, undertoned and distant. You and Orin weren't the only ones to lose something to that monster. What he did... it effected the entire pack. Even our newest members fear our history. They sense it, the lingering terror, the uncertainty. He didn't just take lives from us... She looked over at Shawchert and for the first time in a long time, her eyes were clear, pained... ...He took our peace of mind. And then we lost our leader.

What were we supposed to do, Shawchert? When I came home, I found chaos, worse than when Argul had been alive and killing. What you did, leaving me without a mate... that was nothing compared to the heavy scar you've left on this pack. Stop seeking my forgiveness and start worrying more about the pack you helped create. The pack you abandoned.

It was harsh, very harsh. Sky knew that. But she also knew that when D'Arte had needed him the most, the man had up and left. Sure, he had a good reason to leave. She'd never blame him for that... but he could've done more to prepare for his absense. When she'd returned, Skye had been stressed out with pups on the way and a pack to revive all on her own. Sky was quick to jump back into her duties... but that only meant she could watch as the gaping wound he'd left in their numbers turned into an ugly scar. One that wouldn't soon fade away.

code by kiki - image by sky

<style>
.sk-party-table {width:380px;height:600px;margin:0 auto;border:2px solid black;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/l5cAT.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;margin-top:5px;}
.sk-pt-interior {padding:5px;}
.sk-pt-special {text-align:left;font-size:12px;color:black;}
.sk-pt-wc {font-weight:bold;color:#c0c0c0;font-size:12px;}
.sk-pt-ooc {font-weight:normal;font-style:italic;font-size:10px;color:#c0c0c0;}
.sk-pt-post {margin:0px auto;width:340px;border:1px solid black;height:310px;overflow:auto;font-size:11px;color:#641a1e;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border-top-left-radius:3px;border-bottom-left-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius-topleft:3px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-topleft:3px;padding:5px;}
.sk-pt-post b {color:#51865a;}
.sk-pt-post p {text-indent:10px;}
.sk-pt-tags {margin-top:60px;width:137px;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border:1px solid black;font-size:10px;color:#c0c0c0;margin-left:5px;}
.sk-pt-header {font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;}
.sk-pt-subheader {font-weight:bold;}
.sk-pt-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread