I'm Just a Shadow
[html]

Word count 324 :: It's fine like wine.

Zalen watched with interest as Panda disrobed. It wasn't arousing to him in the least bit, if anything it made him more comfortable around her now that she had shed the hume cloth. He wondered once more why she would bother wearing such things, it was a warm night and there was no need for extra protection, if anything Zalen thought that less fur would be more comfortable. He did a slight shrug, to each his own he supposed.

He followed her back into the cool of the water and let it seep back deep into him again. He closed his eyes in pleasure; he loved swimming and taking baths especially in the summer time when the sun would bake his black fur. When she mentioned the pack, he remembered when he and Keylo and Cody would swim together, romping through the shallows of rivers or lakes, enjoying the carefree life with full bellies and laughter in their heads. His heart hurt, he missed them so much. He wished his adoptive brothers were with him now instead of corpses forgotten in the woods somewhere.

His attention was drawn back to the situation at hand when he felt Panda’s nimble claws pluck a bur from his back and whined at her statement, “Is it really that bad back there? Doesn’t surprise me the way I’ve been moving around through the woods lately.” He looked at her behind his shoulder and smiled. So Panda, are there many wolves here in Anathema? Are there healers, hunters? I like the area around here and I’m thinking about setting up a den outside its borders.” He had been thinking about it and now meeting her it made his idea concrete. What better then to continue his lone bachelor nature just outside a friendly pack with all the resources he could wish for. “I was hoping this would be alright as long I don’t trespass or hunt on your lands.”

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-space b {font-weight:bold; color:#0eadf7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px;}
.zalen-space .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.zalen-space p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-space {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7jVne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color: #C1EFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread