Change is Hard
[html]

Unlike Jaden Nayru, ever the observant and calculating creature, took note of the man's rough handling of the bird—it mirrored her own viciousness in a way. Yet Nayru knew it was not a disregard for life, it was simply not allowing the importance of such life to stand in their way. Once upon a time Nayru had stood over the remains of a spider squashed beneath unknowing childish feet—that day was worlds away from the hardened warrior Nayru knew herself to be now. And yet still she was mostly soft, a quiet and tiny creature who never imposed herself upon any of the others. That two sides of her could exist at the same time still seemed to amaze the Ryu, and that she found that they also might exist in Jaden was comforting. Nayru knew it to be true that all beings had good in them, but if that were so, then all beings must also have darkness in them. Even Razekiel who seemed the most peaceful of them all.

"There are many places for dens. And homes." Nayru agreed as she once more bit into the soft flesh of the bird. "Most are taking up residence in Wolfville or Trenton." The many empty homes there served their purposes perfectly. "Perhaps you would like to scout out a home there." Her soft voice made it seem even her statements were mere suggestions. " I myself am moving in Trenton. In a large building with many others. " Saul and Gideon were fixing it, and until then she simply slept where Gideon slept. There was no reason to separate herself from him.

After that Nayru let an easy silence fall between them as she focused on consuming her meal. Quickly what remained of the bird disappeared and soon enough there was nothing left of her half. That one moment a living, breathing creature could exist and the next not still frightened her, but it also excited her. When she spoke again she seemed refreshed with the life she had just taken so that her own might be extended. "Have you met many other of the Ichikans? I know you did not have much of a change to meet the Dahlians, and now we are a whole new group. It must have been rather hard to make the move so soon." Nayru did not want to ignore that it had been hard for many of her members. " I'm glad you came with us Jaden." And she was, because even if he was new family, he was family and she hadn't wanted to see anyone left behind.

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread