grave reunions
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala {padding:15px; line-height:1.3em;}
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
.maritlala b {font-family:tahoma;}
</style>

Okies, this can be my last post, then Smile Close/post - whichever you prefer! #310

The silence they shared was somehow comforting. Doubly so for Dawali: he couldn't find the words, and if his sister had been one of those who needed verbal support, he would certainly have failed. Still, it was strange to have waited for so long to see her face again, and then facing such news when she finally came. Songan - did he know? Surely, he would have told him if he had known before leaving for AniWaya. Dawali squezed his sister's shoulder another time and rose, chuckling darkly at her comment. It was very inappropriate, yet at the same time so fitting. "I pray it is a long time from now, however." he said solemnly. "Let's do our part to make it so; we should both sleep." Still, he knew his sister; it was a fight already lost, and he would not argue. He mostly said it for the point of saying it - and at a later point, he could say he told her so.

She asked if he was hungry, and though he might have been, he now simply felt weary. If he would not sleep now, he would go for a walk. He would either rest, or go be alone - as alone he could be with Gvihita at his side. The eagle had sat in the window slit for some time, probably, though he had only noticed her now. Still, despite himself, he nodded at his sister's question. "Perhaps I should eat - there is plenty of food in the food shelves—" he pointed to a shelf along the wall. "Help yourself to anything, Ulv". He walked over to his table and sat, watching his sister and what she might do. Despite her grave news, it was so good to have another Amara near his new home, and the scent and sight of her warmed him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread