Hammering Away the Trouble
[html]

Okay, maybe that was a little too direct… Orin was still trying to find that fine line between honesty and just plain rude. All of her playful chatter she was once known for had been missing for the last few months, but she could still be a little tactless when it came to asking personal questions. Then again, she hadn’t expected the two to have broken up!

She winced as he took a gulp of water that seemed too big for even an elephant and began slapping him on the back as he choked. “Oh my god, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” She waited for him to catch his breath, her eyebrows pursed and her eyes wide. Thankfully the man recovered and she didn’t have to administer mouth-to-mouth.

Her expression transformed after he told her the news. At first a gray eyebrow arched. Sky moved on? What did that mean? Had she not come back to Cercatori after finding Orin hiding out in the Court? Or maybe she was missing… Orin’s silent questions died down as Shawchert told her what actually happened. Wait, what is he talking about? She was hung up again in a moment of confusion between Sky and Skye, but shook it off knowing she would get it straightened out.

“Wait, you and Sky broke up? I don’t understand,” there was a momentary pause as she mulled it over. “She thought you left her when you left to try to save your mother.” She was paraphrasing to ensure she understood, but wasn’t asking a question.

“That… Well that’s just stupid!” She emphasized the last word in frustration. Even Orin who had just been through a recent crash course on the horrors of the world didn’t think that was any reason to leave somebody. “I understand if she thought you abandoned her, but you came back. It wasn’t desertion, it was desperation. She should forgive you. Or well, she does? And it’s her fault for not reading the letter.” She went on, not so much angry at Sky but aggravated on behalf of her friend. She folded her arms and harumphed in exasperation.

“I think she’s lying,” she said after a moment, much more collected now. Her eyes shifted to her swinging feet. “I mean, if she’s trying to say she doesn’t love you. Why did she come find me then?”

[/html]

WC: 393+

Messages In This Thread