to hide from my twisted ways
[html]

10,000 years later... Tongue

He saw her come over the crest in the hill and his tail wagged; the smile on his face was boyish. He even felt as wiggly as a child; why was it that the sight of her uplifted him so much? Kansas sometimes wondered if he took their friendship too seriously. Maybe it wasn't all that extravagant... But he loved telling himself that it was. He calmed himself a little, sighing gladly when she enfolded him in one of her warm hugs. He hugged her back, lifting her off the ground for a moment, meaning to be playful but wondering if it seemed too intimate. After he set her down, he smiled, backing away slightly, awkwardly.

"You too!" The boy didn't know where to begin. Did she know about Haku? Kansas was unsure if his stepsister was also in danger; but he honestly didn't even believe he was, being so unknown around here. "I found mom, finally, we've been spending the past few weeks together in Ethereal Eclipse. But I... think I'm ready to be here, if that's still all right." He smile had weakened, shaping into something a bit more serious. But it was still there. He knew he'd be welcome, or else she would have greeted him differently, and this gave him a sense of calm like he hadn't experienced in several weeks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread