all mimsy were the borogoves
[html]
Mostly just assuming she knows Alaine, Elijah, Elvira and the fact that there isn't a 'poppa' there, since Orin has been spending time with them.

Busy in her moment of self-pity, she didn't see someone else approach until they spoke -- was she okay? Startled, the little fae-critter nearly toppled over her own feet to turn and see who it was that was sneaking up on her! One golden eye inched open, rolling about until it rested on the cinnamon pelt of her father. When did he get there? "Oh hi, poppa." She wrinkled up her nose as she spoke, fighting back a sneeze that ultimately came out anyways, leaving the small pup in a fluffy disarray. Without missing a beat, she clambered forward to sit on the much larger feet of her refound patriarch, leaning upward to try and bump noses. "Stupid buggy got awaaaay from me, poppa, and I wanted to give it to momma, I did. But no. It wouldn't let me, and they didn't help -- I think they like the buggy, y'know, 'cause it comes and keeps them comp'ny when I can't keep them comp'ny. Wish I was a flower." Her rapid speech remained quiet, though excitement was evident enough in her tone as she babbled on about wishing she had rosy petals and could soak up the sun -- they always seemed so happy.

Exhausting her vocal chords, she fell silent and gazed with large eyes upon the unfamiliar features of the man she was told was her father -- it was easy for the little girl to accept it, even though she couldn't remember living with him before. Why would her mother lie? Orin Desdemona had never lied to her, at least not openly in a way Titania could recognize. Her tail swished from side to side as the little gears in her mind worked. "Since momma came back, we're gonna be a nice family, right? Miss Alaine, she has kids too, but they don't have a poppa and I think they're not as happy as they would be if they did have a poppa and I think we should be a real family, yeah?" And eagerness to be told they would manifested in the form of hope behind the golden surface of her gaze.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba705 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeb986; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eef0e8; }
.freeba705 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba705 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lLJu0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a1a1a1; padding: 130px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404040; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba705 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba705 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread