The Other Side of the Coin
apologies for the wait, been snowed under.
5+

The girl took a few steadying breaths to calm herself and stop her hands shaking as he turned to expose his injury. She missed what he muttered to himself but decided that she probably didn't want to know what he had said. She looked it over with a critical eye, if she were completely honest with herself she was a rather lackluster medic but she would do her best to help this man that scared her so, she had not been as scared of her father as she was of him. Lucifer had never invoked within her the feeling that her life was in danger. She hmm'ed noncommittally at his words. She did not have the expertise to stitch so it would have to be a bandage and a herbal paste. She struggled to her knees beside him, hindered slightly by the belly that protruded and opened her satchel, pulling out the required supplies.

A roll of clean gauzy bandage, a second roll of adhesive, a small set of scissors she had found; to cut away at some of the fur that surrounded the wound and finally two small jars containing different colored pastes. She arranged all her stuff quickly and efficiently, the practised motions helping her clear her mind. The moon gave her plenty of light to see by so it was not a problem. She looked at the supplies and then at the male, opting to explain to him what she was going to do first before she actually did it, some of her character and personality came back to her and she offered him a sweet, gentle smile before explaining in a kind voice,

"Okay. First I'm going to have to cut away some of the fur around the wound with these..." She help up the scissors for his inspection and then putting them back down. ".. So that it doesn't get in the way. Then I'm going to smear these two pastes onto the wound, which might sting a little bit. One is an antiseptic which will stop it getting infected and clear out any bugs already in there and the other is a pain reliever and muscle relaxant, which will help bring the swelling down. Then I'll wrap you up in this stretchy gauze, it will contract and expand so you can shift with it on if you wanted to, and the gauze will be held in place with the adhesive." As she explained she held each of the items she was referring to up for him to see, knowing instinctively that if he suspected her of trying to harm him in anyway that he would hurt her.

"Do you have any questions? Oh, I'm Gemma by the way, Gemma Rhiannon." She waited patiently for any questions she might have, not adding on her official last name of Sawtooth, she didn't know if she still considered herself as belonging to the family of Sawtooth. She was hoping that maybe Giuseppe would let her take on his last name of Trovato, it seemed like a respectful name to carry.

Messages In This Thread