I'd like to buy a vowel.
Rory was walking with his niece around Thornbury, when he heard the sound of a female voice talking about a kitten. ”Kitty?” Saorise asked him, brown eyes looking up at him curiously. He gave her a small chuckle. ”Aye, lassie. That’s what it sounds like, me wee one.” He smiled down at her softly, proud of how well her vocabulary had progressed. ”Well, Saorise? Shall see the kitty and ‘er owner?” She nodded enthusiastically. He gave another small laugh and reached down to pick her up.

He whistled as he headed towards the female voice. He saw a brown and grey wolf with a cute kitten. He gave her a smile as the two of them approached. ”’Ello, lass. Me name is Rory an’ this wee one ‘tis me niece Saorise. What might yer name be?” He gave her a polite nod. His niece chirped, ”Kitty!” He chuckled. ”An’ yer pretty kitty, too. It’s nice ta meet the both o’ ya.” Saorise nodded and grinned at the female with the kitty.

Rory gave his niece a quick kiss on her head and whispered, ”Ye should be polite an’ say ‘ello, love.” She nodded and chirped, ”’Ello.” He smiled gently and said, ”Good job, lassie.”

Messages In This Thread