-M- Beat me at my own game
((WC: 3+ W00t! There's about to be a fight going down! LOL))

He had found some wild rose bushes growing in the forest not too far from the border. The white male had carefully dug up a section of the roots so he could transplant it. He had meant what he said to Sky about planting flowers for her so she wouldn't have to watch them wilt away in a vase. The roots were carefully protected by a square of canvas cloth. As he approached Sky's house, he noticed Shaw mounting the stairs. Tal's bi-colored eyes clouded over. While part of him wanted to walk away, to let Sky make her choice without his interference, part of him resented that Shaw couldn't let go and just let Sky be happy. It was common knowledge that Shaw's family had rejoined him in the treetop terrace. Why did he need to keep toying with Sky too?

Tal set the rose bush aside, then stood up, brushing his hands off. He'd stayed silent long enough. He didn't stop to think about what he would say, instead, he spoke from his heart. His voice was clear and firm. "Leave her alone, Shaw. I can give her everything she needs in life. And I will never walk away from her." The resentment he felt towards Shaw was coming to a head.

The normally peaceful male could feel that darkness in him again, the anger that he always tried hard to keep repressed. It was the baser emotions like anger and lust that had ruined his parent's lives. He had always tried hard to repress those emotions, to keep them pushed down where they wouldn't bring harm to himself or his son. There comes a time when enough is enough, though, and Tal had reached that point. His hands were balled tightly into fists, the claws biting into the tender meat of his palms.

Messages In This Thread