A wandering Soul [j]
[html]

Her eagle's gaze did not leave the dark male for even a second, intent upon reading whatever slight clues his body language would give her. She could not risk letting a spy into their midst, not with everything that had already happened in this unexpected conflict. However she detected no falsehood from Kota and there was absolutely nothing threatening about him with the way he had prostrated himself to show her respect. A huffed exhale of hair was pushed through the woman's nostrils and some of the tension left her shoulders. You may relax, she said in a voice a touch softer than it had been before.

I am Savina Marino, the leader of this pack. The skills you spoke of would be most helpful, but there is something you must know. We have—unwillingly—been pulled into a war with the neighboring pack. You are welcome to join us if you wish but I would not hold it against you if you wished to find a new home that is not in such turmoil. Crimson Dreams was a place of peace normally, but they had not started this war. If she had been given any other option, Savina would have avoided this conflict. As things had stood though, there had been no other choice. A peaceful pack they may have been, but they would not allow themselves to be attacked without retaliation.

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeebb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1ad9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #251b15; }
.erinfreeebb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.erinfreeebb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#251b15; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Rx8e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1410; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746355; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.erinfreeebb2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.erinfreeebb2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
---

[/html]

Messages In This Thread