My Silent Undoing
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the late reply.
Word Count:

"He used to talk to me," Voron said as Axelle cleaned up the impromptu meal. "I would hear his voice at night sometimes, and it drove me crazy. But he hasn't spoken for a while now. I think... I think he's getting worse. I don't know where the dead go, but I get the feeling that he's trapped here somehow. Trapped by me. He can't go away, like most dead people do."
Voron sighed, looking around with a forlorn sadness. She expected to see her brother at any moment, and wondered whether Axelle would be able to see him too. Voron wished with all her heart that she could go back to that day and save him. There was no way to make it up to him - Cheron had lost his life to her fear, and now he was wrecking her own life.

The black furred female looked guiltily at her friend. "If you want to go, it's ok. I think he'll let you be once you get away from me." In truth, she didn't know what would happen. Cheron had never appeared to anyone other than her. But he seemed especially agitated today. Voron could sense her brother's spirit hovering on the edge of her awareness. Whispers came to her on an ice cold breeze, and his scent made the cemetary seem to become a place of living death. Axelle's presence eased her fears a bit, but made her sharply aware of the fact that she was putting her friend in danger.

Voron knew that her memories of Cheron were seen through rose coloured glasses. As often happens after someone dies, she remembered the good about him and forgot the bad. But no matter how tainted her memories of him were, she knew that in life he had not been cruel. He had been competitive, proud, playful. But he had never purposely hurt her. So now that his ghost haunted her with a dogged cruelty, she felt betrayed by him. That hurt added to the fear and shame and countless other turbulent emotions roiling inside her.

<style type="text/css">
.voroncc b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2e0e3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.voroncc .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.voroncc p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.voroncc {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:#450c0c; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2h3pg80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e77989; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread