intravenous
OOC:// Hope you don't mind, gonna hit two birds with one stone here. And I'm not sure if the traps are meant to kill, I can make the sticks not be there if that's the case. Smile

IC:// Aysun noted the male's words and as soon as there were no more questions she dipped her head and split off to investigate the area. Her nose was keen, her eyes fairly keen as well, now that she knew what to search for she'd tread lightly. She went in the opposite direction of the youngest female and scouted through some foliage and open rocky areas. She kept her eyes out for scuffed earth , she would leave no area of her search radius unturned. She started by mentally marking off a space from a large boulder to a dead tree and so forth and began to comb the area in between. Frowning as she reached the middle of her search area, she spied a few small rocks clearly misplaced from the small impressions they had originally come from. She approached cautiously, neck outstretched, nose sniffing, eyes locked on the pebbles and displaced dirt up ahead. She stopped, her fur bristling as she spied a metal pointed prong just barely visible hidden in the sands. She curled her lips in a growl. Looks like she'd found something.

Carefully avoiding the trap she took a medium sized rock and dropped it on the spike. With a flurry of sand and a metallic clang the trap snapped shut, the metal teeth interlocking. The rock had landed on the trigger pad. The noise slightly startled Aysun sending her skittering to the side. And in seconds she found her feet slipping out from under her, the dirt and fallen leaves giving away under her paws, something sharp below slicing her across the ankle. Yelping she fell forward, scrabbling at the ground to get a hold as she fell into a deep pit (big enough for a horse, surely big enough for someone her size) lined with sharp ended sticks. Lunging a paw out at the last second she growled, catching hold of a stable tree root, digging her claws into the lip of the trap pit and panted, ceasing her fall. That was close. Glancing back behind her, she pinned her ears at the devilish trickery of the trap. Those spikes would impale and kill, if not seriously damage the victim. Hauling herself up out of the pit, she rolled to she side and remained crouched, staring at the hole. That could have been her life right there. Covered in earth, she panted, glaring at the offending trap before finding her voice and calling out. "I've got a nasty couple over here!" She shivered a little. "Be careful, I think this area's got more than this. Use my paw prints to find your way over, at least we know that path is safe." She then waited before moving to stand again and continue her search, unaware of the bleeding gash across her leg for now.

Messages In This Thread