You'll find enchantment here.
[html]
500+
I SEE A LITTLE SILHOUETTE, OH OF A MAN.

"Thank you," said the young man, beaming broadly in relief of her offer, though apprehensive about how to proceed. Silvano wanted to help himself to the meat; his hunger was pretty bad as he had not eaten at all that day so that he could save room for this picnic. But he could not just grab hold of the hare and rip a leg off of it and devour it in a ravenous hunger. It would not be seemly and Giselle would definitely not appreciate him acting like a wild animal. With his sisters, he would have joked and flicked grass at them, but he was being so very careful with this young woman. She was not like his sisters and he could not act the brother. Well, he could, but he felt like he shouldn't.

Giselle spoke of her father, and how she was raised. He noted the look of sadness, and the sound of it briefly in her voice. The man had been stubborn but it was clear that the two of them had a loving relationship. Giselle probably missed him. Silvano knew he would too if either of his parents died. But he could not think like that; his parents were going no where. And if he wasn't wrong, were those tears on the corners of her eyes? Before he could try and reach out to touch her face, the young woman brushed it away. His arm was slightly raised, but he tried disguising his movement by reaching for a stalk of asparagus.

Staring blankly at her with half a stalk sticking out from between his lips, Silvano ate the remainder of it in a hurry as he grabbed the stack of books with his clean hand. "I almost forgot about them," he said absently, brushing off a rogue bit of grass off the top of it. Placing it on the blanket before him, the Sadira youth picked the first one and showed it to her. It was the cook book of recipes he had found in the library. "I'm not sure if you found this yet, so I figured I would take it out for you." He placed it on the blanket and pushed it toward her, focusing on the next one. It was the book of fairy tales, not by the brothers Grimm, but by Hans Christian Anderson. "These are better fairy tales.. I think.. " He had skimmed them and they were not as gruesome. But his gift was what he wanted her to truly have.

Taking the colorfully wrapped book, the young man held it up to her. "I went to Halifax and found this just for you." He felt his face grow warm as he held out the book to the woman. It was a special book, about Sleeping Beauty, that went with a movie no longer able to be seen. His note was in it, an apology and a second line. But he hoped to god she would not read it now. It would make it weird for the picnic and he wanted to keep it casual. "Please don't open it here.. wait till after.. please?" Again, the Sadira shoved another stalk of wild asparagus into his mouth, to hide his embarrassment.

<style>
.checkmate .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#e3eff2; }
.checkmate p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.checkmate b {color:#e3eff2; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#2c6092 0em .1em 0em; }
.checkmate .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #dfd9ac; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.checkmate {background-color:#528ac0; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ckmate.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #eaf5f8; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#faf9db; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.checkmate .inner {margin:20px 15px 280px 15px; padding:5px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... nner-1.png); border:1px solid #dfd9ac; border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread