thwarted
[html]

The muscular, russet-patched canine growled loudly; the sound caused Vesper to bristle and narrow her eyes in turn. She was somewhat surprised by the show of aggression, only because it seemed so out of the blue. She had made sure not to trespass onto any lands, so all she could reason from this was that the stranger had expected her to just submit to the taunting. The hybrid’s lip curled slightly, but she did not move from where she was seated, deciding not to be the first to start the fight.

“Zalen?” The unfamiliar word rolled awkwardly off her tongue, and Vesper snorted. “Sounds rather nasty.” She lifted her head, keeping it almost at the level of the bicolor hybrid, all bright-eyed arrogance. “No one is superior than me.” She grinned challengingly. “Unless you want to prove you’ve got some bite to back up that bark, sweetheart.”

If this somehow came down to a fight, she was ready. As much as she liked the energy and strategy that came into battle, contrary to popular belief she did not particularly enjoy scrapping with everyone she met. Discipline and control of emotions was as much of a virtue as skill in battle. It would be a waste of energy to tussle with this stranger, especially when they had nothing other than words to quarrel over.

“Maybe I’ll sprout wings,” the coywolf muttered on the topic of squirrels, but her disinterest in the topic came through in her voice. They seemed less brave when there was more than one scrawny loner to harass, but that was just fine with her. She’d get her revenge whenever she caught one closer to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread