one morning fair
[html]

forgive the derpiness of my posts...

word count // 249

Vimala was pleased to find that Arye seemed to know of a place, and followed along behind her as she walked along the waterside. Golden-brown eyes looked in every direction, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of her new home. She wondered just how far the beach extended here. Her family had never stayed for too long on a shoreline area like this, for fear that a high tide might wash away their temporary housing structures. Vimala found such places entrancing; the gentle rolling of the waves, the slight salt-scented breeze on her face...

She was brought out of her distracted thoughts by the sound of Arye's voice, and looked over to where the other was watching the water. Vimala moved to stand beside her before crouching down and joining her in patiently waiting for fish to come by. Her ears pricked forward as if to hear the aquatic creatures, Vimala stared at the tidepool, waiting, waiting--"Oh, there's one!" she cried suddenly, lunging forward with one hand held out in front of her. For a brief moment she could feel the smooth scales of the fish on her fingertips, but sadly it managed to escape her grasp. "I guess I probably scared it away, didn't I?" she asked sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck with one hand. "Oh well, I'm sure there are more!" The wolfess took a few steps back from the pool, watching once more and trying to remember to be quiet this time.

Image courtesy of johnnymyrenghenriksen@Flickr; table by Silver with some code bits nabbed from The Mentors and Sie.

<style type="text/css">
.vi-as b {font-weight:bold; color:#D18D17; letter-spacing:0px; }
.vi-as .ooc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-style:italic;}
.vi-as .wc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #000000; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; margin:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-align:right;}
.vi-as p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; color:#000000;}
.vi-as { margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#8A583D; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ni6yi0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2B1C01; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread