Frozen Tides
[html]
The differently colored text is a link to the necklace / +000

Zera’im listened to the girl with a gentle face until she spoke of Korosk as a meal. Then a shocked expression came to her face before she laughed aloud once more. Oh what a naïve girl this was, so fresh to the world with no understanding of it. And when she mentioned her mother Zera’im then guessed that Sira had been kept hidden from the world by her mother, never let to venture into its dangers and delights. How sad a childhood that must of have been. Oh dear child he is not my dinner but my friend. I have known him since we were both but babes, I would never eat him. You live in Anathema where many people have companions such as he, you must learn that some four legged beasts have better uses then just for sustenance.

She looked lovingly and sympathetically upon the embarrassed face of this young girl when an idea came to her mind. Quickly she stuck two delicate, ivory fingers into a small pocket of her bag and produced a necklace; a silver charm on a dark leather chord, which she then handed to the girl. Here, please take this, it will protect you. When you are in fear, put your faith in it and you will be strengthened. It was a simple and practical gift, one that Zera’im had been given by her mistress when she was still young, but she no longer needed it now, she had different forms of protection, ones much stronger then that lent by the charm. But this little girl would have good use of it, now that she was facing the expanse of the world for the first time.

<style type="text/css">
.zerra-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#549794; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #75a144; }
.zerra-o2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zerra-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#92c074; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8hNQL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 230px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#61965a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zerra-o2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zerra-o2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread