forget all the hurt you've learn to hide so well
[html]

Word Count → +3

She had gotten to six fully tied flowers before she saw, out of the corner of her eye, another join her. The man came out from the Manor, and she assumed that he saw her, since he sat among the grass with her. When he spoke, his voice was particular; she had heard many different speaking qualities in her life, but this was foreign, not from anywhere remotely near, and reminded her of the Consul. “Hello. You must be related to Savina Marino,” she said in her own soft tone, her protuberant sea green eyes turning to face Ehno. “You sound like her, like you came from a faraway place.” Though the words could’ve been phrased into a question, Adele spoke with a quiet certainty, as if she knew that what she said was true and merely wanted his echoed agreement with her thoughts.

“I’m Adele. I joined Crimson Dreams, only a few days ago,” she explained herself in return. All the sudden talking awoke Cinnamon, and the small rodent crawled into the whimsical girl’s lap, and she stroked him with a finger to acknowledge him, putting down the chain-linked flowers beside her. “The past few days seem awful though, yet I can’t say how it feels to personally live in them,” she continued, speaking of the war and very recent raid. “But, my father always said that awful days teach us to appreciate the better ones.” And as she was told, that is what she believed, being the idealist she was. She never truly had a bad day before, but she hoped her advice would cheer up the man before her who was most likely going through a difficult time.

After the rat got settled in her lap, she plucked the flowers up again, and grabbed another free plant. “Ehno,” she whispered to herself, naming the addition bond to the chain after the Italian himself, and finally set down the small line of flowers after quickly adding Ehno to her chain, planning to come back to it later. “I wish people were flowers sometimes,” she said without a real reason, feeling as if it halfway explained her odd actions, “It’d be easier to tell who the nice ones were, and who is a weed among a pretty garden community.”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.adele-butterfly15 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UEPCn.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#737573; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; color:#164344; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adele-butterfly15 b {color:#42f0ee; }
.adele-butterfly15 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adele-butterfly15 p.ooc { color:#d3f6f7;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adele-butterfly15 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adele-butterfly15 .wordcount {color:#d3f6f7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #164344; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread