Spre[a]d your [w]ings and prepare to fly
[html]

300+

Caspa was definitely beginning to feel like a schoolteacher - being called Miss Caspa and hearing her own voice deliver information in a somewhat lecturing way - but it was hard not to comply, in the face of such an eager knowledge seeker, and she was happy to offer whatever answers she could. Unfortunately the next question was a stumper, as Caspa had never tasted eggs. She was not a nest-robber, and until Skye had given her the idea of keeping domestic birds, she had never considered the matter. "I have no idea, but they are nutritious so I am hoping they taste nice too," she admitted. "I've never kept birds before, so I'm really just a beginner."

She looked at the girl suddenly, eyes lighting up with an idea. "You were looking for a pet for your sister? Would you consider taking on this baby for me, until she is big enough to go back with the other two safely?" Caspa was sure she could explain the details of chicken care easily enough - feed: insects, keep protected from predators, find a box for it to sleep in - and the idea could solve both their dilemmas. Of course, it also meant that Robin would have the chance to save her first damsel in distress, albeit in the form of a little yellow chick.

The thought made Caspa smile, and she answered Robin's more existential question with considerably less dolour than anyone else would have received, although her eyes did turn to the horizon in a farseeing and distant manner as she considered. "When I was younger, I didn't know what I wanted. I just wanted to do my best. In my home, youngsters are trained in a skill someone else chooses for them.. Even now, I do not know what exactly I am. We can be many things in our time, and nothing is set in stone." Indeed she did not know what she was, but she knew what she wanted - to protect her lands and prove herself to her fellows - to end the outsider's curse. A task that at times seemed beyond her.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread