What Was That Noise?
[html]
I'm so sorry for the wait! And I didn't know what else to add; we can wrap it up if you would like to, unless you have an idea. xD

IBlind told her not to worry—while rolling against her, which made the older female smirk—and added that it was more annoying than painful. I wonder how honest that statement is, Vesper thought, hoping that the wolf wasn’t ignoring her pain for her new friend’s sake. It was a pity, and she wondered if simply walking around would aggravate the girl’s bad hip, too. She couldn’t imagine an existence like that, constantly in pain; she didn’t think she’d be strong enough, at least not out in the wilderness north of Nova Scotia. The animals were less civil there, less inclined to give a creature a break for any of their shortcomings.

When Blind called her sweet, the coywolf’s ears perked up, and her smirk deepened. “Sweet?” She’d been called sweet by all of one person, if her mother didn’t count—though such words were usually reserved for coddling her weak sister. Even the one woman who’d called Vesper sweet before had called her a murderer and a monster only weeks later.

Vesper watched the black wolf stretch and add that she didn’t need a healer. Rolling her blue eyes, she remarked, “So you’re going to let your leg bother you the rest of your life. Makes sense.” Her tone had gotten slightly harder naturally, but nothing else seemed to; she wasn’t going to berate her friend for her own decisions, at least not yet. What was it called…tough love?

She did soften again as Blind invited her to another chase, turning and dashing off as if all her legs were perfectly fine. The hybrid stood with a languid stretch then grinned, running off after the female at a lazy pace.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF;} .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread