fortissimo
[html]

And just like that, Dresden’s slow steps came to a sudden halt. The stranger whirled on him, brandishing the sharp piece of glass like a weapon. The husky stiffened, hackles rising as he eyed the stranger. He hadn’t exactly been expecting that, but in hindsight it seemed like it shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. The people in this area had proved to be a jumpy or weird bunch, some a combination of both. If things developed into a struggle here, Dresden felt that he would likely have the upper hand, as he outweighed the woman and likely outmatched her in combat experience. The warrior didn’t make a habit of underestimating potential opponents, however.

He remained still as she spoke, tone dark and unyielding. Her threat had him widening his eyes, and as he took in the meaning of those words, he had to fight to keep himself from sighing in exasperation. This again, seriously? Something seriously messed up had to be happening around here for Dresden to have been mistaken for some sort of kidnapper twice in less than as many weeks. That first encounter had been brushed off as a single oddity. Those two had had no affiliations to speak of, but this woman had the unmistakable scent of a pack lingering with her own. Things were getting both interesting and troublesome. Perhaps the interesting part of it would have been more prominent if he hadn’t been the one being accused of the ill deeds each time.

The Thrace male took a few cautious steps back, muscles tensed and ready to maneuver himself out of the way should she choose to strike. “I must have some sort of look about me screaming “kidnapper!” because you’re not the first to throw that accusation at me this week.” His eyes narrowed darkly, but he managed to keep the rest of his face impassive. Dresden typically wasn’t one to worry himself over what others thought of him, but if people were going to attack him at every turn around here, he might have to rethink that policy. “What exactly is going on around here?” He didn’t expect to get many answers from this one, but it was worth a shot.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread