What Was That Noise?
[html]

Hehe ohhh I think Vesper might win just by a tiny bit Big Grin

The she-wolf blinked repeatedly, trying to chase the fog from her eyes. The dark refused to part, and she was left to face what she knew deep in her heart would be for the rest of her life. She hoped it might fade, that it might get better with time, but something inside her told her that wouldn't happen. As for her leg, she didn't know what would become of it now. She had spent so much of her life lame, it didn't worry her as much as losing her sight did. If she needed to, she supposed she could find a wolf capable of practicing medicine to surgically remove her limb, but she didn't want to think on that...not now.

Trying to force a smile upon her dark face, she said softly, How 'bout that? Blind is blind. A weak laugh escaped her lips as her gaze fell to the ground. She didn't know what to do now; how should one react in a situation like this? All she could do was continue to stare at the grass.

Suddenly her interest peaked when she thought of her hybrid friend. Are you alright? she asked frantically. The bear didn't hurt you, did it? She immediately surveyed the coywolf, then flicked her tail angrily when her eyes didn't cooperate. She could see her friend sitting in front of her, but focusing in general was difficult, and anything off in the distance was a soup of color. Blind calmed herself and dropped her head onto the coywolf's back. I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry... she muttered repeatedly. If she had not been so foolish, she thought, none of this would have happened.

Blind! Pay attention! her mother's words echoed in her mind. Her heart slowed to a saddened traipse in her chest; of all the times she hated her mother being right, this was the worst.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread