[P] The Whirlwind
[html]

OOC: D is in Optime form to begin with. I'm still working on a picture of her in Optime, almost done just need to upload and color. Smile. So yeah. ^^ / WC:533

Fingers pulled back on the bowstring, eyes squinted to capture her target. Her chest lifted and then fell, her hand begun to shake as she pulled the pull of the string back. She bit her lip; her long slightly light brown mane blew gently in an autumn breeze. The Luperci sighed, focused and then released the string of the bow and sent an arrow soaring through the air, but the arrow shook in the air and then landed with a soft thud far from where the young Luperci had hoped for it to land. She knew the concept of archery and could remember herself watch as her step father hunted with the weapon, but she guessed that seeing and understanding was not the same as doing.

The wolf sighed as her ears pushed up against her skull. Up in the trees a squawk of laughter echoed around the female beast. The she wolf narrowed her gaze and glared up at a male red-tailed hawk, “Watch it Falcrin.” She growled, “or one day you my find your wings clipped.”

The hawk squawked louder in laughter, and the wolf growled as she dropped the bow at her feet. She sighed, inhaled and then exhaled as she looked down at the objects scattered around her feet. Beside her feet was the bow she once held, a quiver filled with arrows, a knife and its sheath attached to a leather hide belt, and a tail feather from a hawk.

The wolf sighed and knelt to lift the feather up within her clawed fingers. She stood and twirled the feather between her fingers. The hawk that had perched upon a branch above her head soared from it and landed on the luperci’s shoulder, its golden gaze studied the object in her hand.

“It’s one of yours,” she told the winged creature as she lifted the end of the feather and carefully tied it to one of the long strands of her mane. She sighed and brought a free finger to the Ansuz rune tracing branded beneath her right eye and gently rubbed an itch. She sighed and then gazed around her, “So Falcrin.” She began as she lifted her gaze to her winged companion, “what do you think of this area?” she asked softly.

The hawk puffed, and the wolf laughed. “Really, that bad?” She asked, “I kind of like it.”

The hawk puffed again and ruffled its feathers; the female creature smirked and shook her head. “We’ll don’t worry, we’re still looking for areas.” She sighed and brought her gaze to the sky, “But I do like it here…” She spoke softly before she closed her eyes and allowed the gentle breeze to caress her slender hourglass shaped form.

She stood amongst a sea of maple trees in a small clearing bordered by trees that cried sap and bushes that begun to feel the change of the seasons. The young Luperci sighed, her tail wrapped carefully around one of her legs, and then swayed back and forth behind her. She stood, coated in fur of gray, brown, white, and black colors. A mixture of her northern rocky mountain wolf roots. She sighed and ran a clawed hand through her light brown mane before she lowered her hand and stared at the bindrune branding upon her left wrist.

She smirked, “the things I do now.” She muttered, “I have changed…”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread