A pair of dull scissors
[html]

ooc: <3

Wordcount: +3

It was the wrath of the huntress that burned her now, far fiercer than the flames of any mortal fire. Those red eyes, such a hue that the girl saw behind her closed lids alone, bore through flesh and deep into her skull. The fear became a thing greater than fear, a living terror that burrowed deep into the marrow of her bones. Shadowed Lapis Lazuli dwarfed pupils that shrank as the woman's snarling face was thrust closer to her own, and the lifeblood within her ran as cold as unbroken ice.

There was too much oxygen in her, fluttering breaths drawing in too much, and her head spun dizzily. Her malnourished body trembled, but remained standing, of no defiant will but of a lack of remembering how to function. Her tail clung to smooth, youthful thighs. "No, Triiari," Little more than a whisper. Who was the father of Halo's children? Would she love them as fiercely as she hated the rest of the world? Suddenly, the fear within her relinquished a small portion of the girl's soul to sadness, and she felt that sadness deeply as the gazed into the enraged bloodied hue of the other woman's gaze.

Surely, Halo had once known innocence, love, life. Perhaps the world had stopped turning for her, too. Perhaps these children would bring it back to her, and fill the gaping chasm that stupid, pretty China could see beneath the bubbling rage of her visage. Halo was an empty vessel, pooled with her anger, but maybe these children would be as beautiful as-

As-

... As-

"No," The quiet admittance. "I came... I c-came to make peace," And she knew quite suddenly why this morning was different to the others, why it was that she had remembered how to breath, why it was she loved the carving on her flute. She remembered these things, and that left a little less room for the other memories, the ones that had festered within her the cold, empty moons. "I came to tell you that I am sorry," I am sorry I love him. The other question lingered closer to her tongue, but she was frightened still, and it would not slip forth so easily as the rest.

<style type="text/css">
.china-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.china-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.china-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.china-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... /vine3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread