New Day [Celebration Thread!]
[html]

The duo tuned howl of the Capitana and her progeny sang out through Cercatori, and when it met Orin’s ears it resonated in all of her senses. The innate drive to answer to her leader’s call tugged at her core, and the jovial promises the harmony made were an added bonus. Orin was milling around in Thornbury’s garden sawing pumpkins from their vines when she heard the call. Dropping her tools at once, she hoisted one large orange squash off the ground and waddled toward the beacon.

It took the tiny woman some time to make it, the pumpkin weighing her down significantly, but it seemed she had arrive before much of the pack anyway. Her amber eyes scanned the clearing as she stepped out into the open and grazed the sights of a few of her pack mates and their offspring. A soft smile came to her countenance as she walked toward her pack, ears perked to listen for the sounds of others approaching. They would all filter in soon now, her own children included. At least, she hoped they would be. Titania was reliable enough and was likely on her way from some distant spot in d’Arte, but Juliet… she was the wild card. That girl just might be the death of her. Orin fretted for her orange-cream daughter. Juliet, you better show up. Judging by the sights and sounds the Moonsong girl would love the party, but getting her there was half the battle.

“Hi Skye and Sky,” she giggled, then nodded a greeting to Rory. “I didn’t even realize what day it was! …until I heard you just now. It’s been that long already? I can’t believe it. Where do you want this?” She adjusted the pumpkin that weighed down her arms, grinning and nodding. It was getting heavy and her arms were quickly becoming rubber. Of course, there was no time to cook it or make it into anything, but it certainly was festive looking.

“I saw this in a… b-b-ook once,” she flinched as she stumbled on the word. Her bruised psyche still refused to let her think of books or literature – the connection to her previous life. She tried not to get tied up on it, though, and continued. “People used to hollow them out and carve faces into them. I thought someone might like to give it a shot. Seen Titania or Juliet yet?”

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 400+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread