whisper in the wind
[html]

Mother bear, mother bear.

Word Count → 311

Kiara was throughly embarrassed and she was glad that Jace had gone lenient on her for making such an egregious mistake. Jace's attitude was understandable and Kiara felt like she had deserved a lot worse that what she had been given. The arctic wolf was also happy that Jace had allowed Shiloh to put her clothes back on. In this weather, the grey wolf needed all of the clothes she could find. While Shiloh was shifting, Kiara took another opportunity to apologize. "I...I'm sorry Jace for talking as I did. I am just happy to hear that you have given birth to such healthy children. I, um, have recently been assigned the, a rank of Ikusei so... if you need any help, I am more than willing to give you a helping hand."

Kavi's sudden appearance startled the alabaster wolf and her comment made Kiara nervous. The young wolf could understand where Kavi was coming from. While Kiara had deserved a tongue lashing, Shiloh had not. But Kavi's comments would not help the situation and could potentially make the situation disastrous. "Kavi, please. This is a conversation for another time. Neither Shiloh, nor you, nor Jace should have to fight now. We are pack, and are only strongest when we work together." Kiara gave the grey and bi-colored women a smile. The snow wolf was from a traditional pack and felt that asserting one's authority on occasion was important. Kiara truly believed that with a proper chain of command, a pack could run smoothly and withstand any outside threat. Plus, she did not want to cause the new mother any more stress. Jace was surely starting to feel the effects of sleep depravation, and it would only get worse over time. The last thing Kiara, Kavi, and Shiloh needed was an angry sleep deprived mother who had a vendetta against them.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread