People are strange, when you're a stranger
[html]

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Sorry I've been slow, I'm at my boyfriend's place for the week, and he won't let me sit at the PC alone Tongue He's at work now though xD And sure, she can help him shift allright! Big Grin
sorry for slight rambling, I've had this urge to write since sunday and I'm making up for it now Tongue

She'd heard him coming, and despite her jumpiness lately she wasn't alarmed. She'd quickly smelled their familiar pack scent off him, and also that he was male. It meant that the approacher would have to be either Des, Slay or Haku, and she knew the smells of her brother and the newcomer very well. It could only be Slay, the one with the strange pelt. A more fitting word would be unusal, when describing his markings. They were by no means a negative addition to his appearance, although it made her think somewhat of a child. He was older than her though, she thought, but she'd never asked him. Actually, they had never spoken. He looked innocent and very friendly, and it showed in how relaxed she was even though she knew he was there. She didn't like singing in front of people, although she didn't mind the guitar. The singing was so personal, in a way, and the guitar could be blamed if the odd false tone escaped from it. Yet despite of it she didn't mind having him listen. There had to be something in his appearance that made it so, but Mew was not scared of being judged, or her music to be judged, by Slay. Perhaps because he seemed so friendly, it is easy to be comfortable around a person with a friendly appearance.

As he spoke between one verse and another, she turned around and let her hands fall down to rest on her thighs as she sat there on the chair, the singing put to a halt. Her green gaze met his blue, and she again thought of the fact that he looked very friendly. He also acted it now, showing politeness to her and calling her dear. She didn't know how much she liked being called something like that from a person who was mostly a stranger to her, but she let it pass - understanding its worth in this situation. Why she had never spoken with him, she didn't know. The few times she had ran into him her mother had been there. Those situations she had so childishly ignored her, and everyone else who were present, including herself. Possibly the male thought things of her that were untrue, but if so she deserved it, having acted as if she was some ignorant brat of a pup. It didn't realy matter much

He spoke a phrase from a language she knew was french, though she didn't know much of the language itself. Although, she caught the meaning of it from the other words he spoke. Was he from the other continent, then? She had heard of quite a few travelling from there with boats. The young female had never seen a boat herself, but she realised that the buildingtechnique would require skill that most likely exceeded what they had among them in these lands. It was faschinating, and she knew many a song that were about boats, or included boats at least. He spoke of the weather, and Mew felt herself smile. It was snug and comfortable inside, but outside the thunder and rain and wind was screaming its force against any unlucky soul that was there. Mew would stay in here until it calmed down. Indeed it was nice weather to sing in; it made a lovely atmosphere of solitude that she could sit in and only enjoy the music. Yeah, isn't it? It's really something.. Quite happy I'm not out there anyways, not good for my poor lil' guitar. The guitar had been through worse weather than this, but that was when she hadn't had the choice. She would stay sheltered for it's sake; after all, it was sort of her baby.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread