light it up, take it up higher
[html]

If he were to speak such ideas aloud—to say she belonged to him—Salvia would have agreed without hesitation. She was a product of this place, of his training, and she would obey him without question. Sirius was law. Outsiders would never understand what Salsola meant, or why she would not question the land, but Salvia had seen only one other home and been unimpressed by it. Anathema was a distant memory made up of shadows and madness, and she associated what occurred with Harlowe (and in turn, his madness) with the place. It was Tak’s domain, the earth, and she distrusted it with good reason.

She gave into his touch willingly, and met his eyes without fear. There was a similarity in them; he was older, wiser, but still able to be cruel. She was volatile, savage; a true tiger compared to his subtle ways. If the time came for it, she would rise and destroy those who stood against her boldly while her uncle plotted and conspired and whispered behind her. To her, he was the guiding hand and she the weapon. One day she aimed to prove this to him.

Likewise, had this been anyone else, Salvia would have lied. She could not, not while he held her with his own poison gaze. A viper to her tiger, perhaps. “I’m afraid that my mother will replace me,” she admitted, ears turning back. “I no longer hold the same worth to her.” How could she, when all that remained were other daughters. Pandemic was lucky; he was the only son.

<style type="text/css">
.saltext b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saltext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.saltext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.saltext {margin:0px auto; width:75%; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saltext .separator{width:0px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread