And then I saw you
[html]

Word Count 329:: Ruby is pimp.

Titania chattered in her enchanting way about Anathema and her pack while Zalen continued to stare at his ancestor’s apparition, pleading with her with his eyes to go away. But she remained, like a shape in the mist, a soft smile on his face if he saw correctly. He felt Titania grow still beside him, and he knew she saw her too, even before she asked him if could as well.

Before Zalen could answer, Ruby began to walk towards them, hovering over the water like a backwards reflection, and as she exited the thick of the mist she became even more visible; the texture of her fur adopted a red hue, the silvery blue mark under her right eye became apparent. Zalen realized he had been holding his breath, his heart beating like mad, and he let it out in a rush. She was standing in the center of the pool now, the wind whipped softly about them, and she opened her mouth. Zalen’s breath hitched once more, she had not spoken with him in words since the day he had first met her in the Burnt Lands.

She spoke, and it was if the falls themselves spoke, like the rushing water had gained a tongue. “Don’t be afraid of this Zalen Damaichu…” she began, barely understandable, “your leadership will bring forth a new dawn unto this land!” After she spoke this, there was a sudden surge in the water, and her visage broke into shards that flitted about the pool like fairies before falling like snowflakes and disappearing.

Zalen stared completely in shock, his heart drumming in his chest, and he looked at Titania. He could see the shock in her face well, but there was no fear there, only elation. He began to calm and said softly, That was my great-grandmother… I think she likes you. He tried to relieve the tension of the moment with a joke, though he was sure it would fail miserably.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#454649; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.z2 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.z2 b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread