you're off, you've done your time
[html]
betterrrr? Big Grin

Dusk watched. Her eager eyes were fixed on the field ahead of her, desperate to see the woman she sought appear from the gray nothingness in the distance. The damp wind rustled around her, bringing down a mild drizzle of moisture, hindering her forward vision. But the soft footfalls did not escape her ears. Instinctively, she stood to her full height, ears erect and flowing tail lifting slightly in anxious anticipation.

The paler, and slightly smaller version of herself was unmistakable as it moved quickly toward her. The chocolate hybrid stiffened, overcome with a wave of countless emotions that she could not make enough sense of to name. Part of her wished to rush up to the one who had been her charge since birth, embrace her and feel something good. Sky would not welcome that. Dusk could only stand still and await the tan woman's approach.

Painted on the younger canine's features was a multitude of emotions of her own. Dusk did not bother to determine them. It was Sky's right to feel whatever she wished toward the one who had abandoned her, and Dusk had no interest in altering whatever she was thinking. The broken hybrid still hoped, that some time in the future, they would set the past aside and forgive one another.

Dusk tried to fight the smile that threatened when her eyes could see her sister closely, in all her beauty. But she made no attempt to get closer, merely fixed the other with severe glowing eyes. She was taken aback by Sky's amiability, after all she had done to hurt her. Dusk's expression fell, the severity in her gaze changing into sadness. Her sister's unconditional forgiveness was touching and painful. "You are so beautiful," she began, her meaning sincere, her voice soft but rather emotionless.

She was quiet for a moment, struggling for words. "I..." she began, then faltered. "I'm fine. I searched for dad... a bit. But I did not find him." Dusk really had no interest in finding the man who had abandoned her mother, and his children. "I followed your trail. You were difficult to find..."

Dusk gazed at the young woman, and just noticeable was a slight glaze of tears in her fiery eyes. "Sky... I'm... I'm sorry."

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread