The sky's the limit
[html]
OOC Yeah, I'm sure I will, but it's rough. It's my first time in sales, first time working in general in a while. I think I'll survive though, my feet finally stopped hurting! lol It's going to take a while for me to get used to standing all day long. Sorry for Auggie's behavior, he has a lot to learn. And excuse my run-ons xP/ WC: 477

The initial shock was finally ebbing away and the black and white male pieced it all together by the stranger's words. He didn't know how to feel about it, but the first emotion that crossed him was a slight tinge of anger. It was nothing against the male, or his ferret, but the situation itself. He didn't like it. It just wasn't natural. What made it worse was the ferret believed wolves to be its family. Nothing was further from the truth. He also couldn't figure out how the other male had even gotten the idea in the first place. Was he simply lonely, or perhaps he was too soft to end its life, so he took it on as a charge instead? He shook his head, that was an unfair thought. A canine that did not kill, would not survive, that was the nature of it. Plus, he was sure he'd scented another small creature not far from where they stood. The male had to have been hunting. He couldn't help but wonder what the ferret thought of that. What if one day he caught on of its relatives? Augustus afforded himself a small chuckle with the thought.

I'm Augustus...just Augustus. He offered after the male's introduction, suddenly remembering his manners. It struck him as odd that the male had two names in place of one. For a moment he wanted to make up one for himself, but decided against it. He was Augustus, and that's all he'd ever be. He had no surname to bind him. I smelled some packs around, although I never thought to join. Everything around here smells...different, somehow. For instance, you smell...different.He eyed him a moment, finally voicing his concern. All the canines he'd met here all possessed elements of the same nature. He was determined now to figure it out. The canine's eyes narrowed in slight suspicion, although he wasn't attempting to insult the male, he simply wanted an answer to the question that had perplexed him for so long.

When the ferret reached out to sniff him Augustus backed up, showing teeth. His ears lowered as he warned her clearly to back off. He wasn't in a position to be questioned after by a lesser species, especially one that he could be eating now. If the creature hadn't been claimed of course, or if he'd actually succeeded in catching it. Merely looking at her made his face grow heated and he desperately hoped the male had not seen the extent of his failure. He hadn't even been close. Someone should teach her, then.He growled. She was not only a companion, it seemed she even had a name. This incited him further, but he chose to remain quiet. He remembered how long it had taken him to recover from his previous wounds, he wasn't planning on inviting more.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread