On kinder tides [Joining]
[html]

Word Count → 496

"Ichika no Ho-en" The name was unfamiliar to Neela and she repeated it after Pripyat has said it, rolling the word around her mouth.

Now that the shock of the male suddenly appearing had died down he seemed a lot less threatening, especially since he seemed to be making no aggressive movements Warily Neela stepped out from behind the ship, turning to look at Grynn as she did so, "It's okay Grynn, i'll be alright." she said softly to the bird, which gave Pripyat a last glare before flying up to circle overhead.

As Neela rounded the boat she gave the male a small, tied smile, though she kept her body language respectful; there was no sense insulting a pack member on their own turf and she had no idea how important an 'Eika' , whatever that was, was to this pack, "My names Neela Gracia." She offered, her voice recovering slightly as the familiar words slipped from her lips, regaining some of its usual softness.

With a heavy sigh Neela flopped down in the sand, sitting cross-legged with her back against the Meria, "My overprotective friend up there is Grynn, and the ship is called the Meria Lea." She added, gesturing first towards the circling falcon and then the ship behind her."So, you said that you are an, err Eika was it? What exactly does that mean? She asked, half genuinely curious and half trying to figure out who she was talking to.

"A couple of months I’d guess, not really been counting the time." Was Neela's response when Pripyat asked her how long she had been sailing. When his next question came the collie fell silent and began to run her fingers absentmindedly through the sand as she tried to think of what to say.

Y'know, i'm not really sure about that myself. When I'm dead maybe? Or maybe when I can sleep a week without nightmares." The collie's hand tightened into a fist in the sand and she let out a sharp, bitter laugh, before laying her head backwards against the ships hull, letting the water still clinging to the ship soak into her fur as she stared skywards. "The last few months have been… really fucked up. Keeping moving helps a bit; lot of stuff to do on a boat, keeps me busy and stops me thinking so much." Neela had no idea why she was going into so much detail about this with a total stranger, thought he fact that this was the first wolf that she had talked to in months likely had something to do with it.

Neela fell silent after that, until there was a sharp call from above and she automatically raised her left arm, letting Grynn drift down to land on the leather strapped there. As the falcon started straightening her feathers Neela began running a finger down her back, ignoring the birds slight huff as it tried to straighten the feathers she was messing up.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread