Homeward Bound
[html]

Sounds good Smile And then, I don't know how to move topics to the 'dead' forum, so I'll leave that to you Tongue

The young wolf didn't recall ever seeing what Soran described to be books, but she was sure her mother had told her about them some time in her life; Rhia was always telling her stories about the humans. So much so, in fact, that Blind often wondered if her mother would have preferred that life to the one she had. However, there were enough horror stories to rival the fantastic ones, so her wonders were only ever fleeting.

Blind looked up at Soran apologetically when the old wolf reacted to her panic, but that was the only response she gave. She didn't want this new friend - who could perhaps be seen as more of a mother now - to be offended by her silly ways, and she never indulged in the thought of revealing when she had these spells of worry anyway. Disclosing something like that would mean having to explain it, and even Blind didn't know the cause of these panic attacks. She had had them for as long as she could remember, but it was only recently that she had learned to conceal them. Her mother used to think she was demented because of them, and would always scold Blind for "acting in such disgraceful ways." Those words didn't strike up the desire for a "treatment" until much closer to her mother's death.

But Blind knew she didn't have to worry about the strange - and sometimes hurtful - ways of her mother anymore, for it seemed as though she had a new one. In the few hours that they had spent time together, Blind could see that she was more of a mother than her birth mom had ever been. Sure, she loved Rhia. But for every time that Rhia showed love to her daughter, there would be twice as many times that she would show distaste. Blind didn't resent her for it, but she certainly didn't grow closer to her mother for it either. Looking up at the dark female, Blind finally felt loved and appreciated. And if it happened to be her imagination conjuring up these feelings, she didn't care enough to chase them away. Deciding to respond a little differently to Soran's worry than she had before, Blind adjusted her pose and said, I'm fine...Mom.

The smile that followed was almost like a reflex.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread