how does your garden grow?
[html]

The only response to her cousin’s inquiry was a pleased secretive smile. She had learned her own techniques from cats, and thus knew their skills better than any. Even her mother knew less than Salvia, though the girl did not dare say this aloud. Raising a cat was one thing; knowing the way they thought and behaved was another. Unlike so many predators, there was an intelligence that rivaled her own—and certainly, one that could be trained to couple with a wolf.

Ugly was a term that Salvia herself might have used. The horse was long in all the ways that common animals were, but his coat was well cared for and she appreciated this as a sign of his worth. Besides, it wasn’t like Keshi was supposed to be used for breeding—even her own beautiful horse did not fit the standards of the breed Larkspur had in mind, a fact she had resigned herself to.

“Temper is always a factor in a good horse,” Salvia said, still watching the gelding. “My father says larger horses tend to be calmer. You should ask Sirius or my mother about acquiring a cart; it’s a good idea.” Especially, she reasoned, if they truly began trading more. Or even for construction, as Horse had been used in the past. Her head (and focus) returned to her cousin as the girl went on, speaking about wishing to be a healer. Salvia smirked. “I don’t know much about plants, I’m afraid. Never really thought about them much as far as their healing uses…that’s all Tlanti’s area,” she explained, shrugging.

<style type="text/css">
.saltext b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saltext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.saltext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.saltext {margin:0px auto; width:85%; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saltext .separator{width:0px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread