plunder and blunder
[html]

xDD

Well, this kind of wasn’t that cool anymore. The blonde cub stopped after turning in a circle for the fifteenth time, looking at the moored, rotten ships in the distance then back at the jewelry shop he’d sort of looted from. He wouldn’t show his fear, though; fear was for babies, and he was no longer a baby. He began to pad along the road again as if he had any confidence whatsoever, his steps careful as he tried to avoid the gold chain hanging from his neck. It eventually ended up around his midsection when he stepped over it, but the trinket was ignored when the voice of another wolf called to him.

Skoll whirled around, his ears back and his little puppy teeth flashing in case this was some monster that the big port town had produced. Instead, he saw a vaguely familiar white luperci—a pack member by scent. Pack, family, safe—that was the thought process that led him to abandon his defensive posture and grin, tongue lolling and tail wagging.

“I—” He paused, cocked his head, and considered the first question called over the distance. “Look!” the boy said instead, swinging around to show the man the chain draped awkwardly around his back and belly. His tongue flicked his scratched chi on accident, and with a wince he added, “I—I fight pirate! An’, an’ I ’unt fer the gold!” Of course the Prince wasn’t going to tell his future subject how he’d really fallen down and scraped his chin! Even though it really hurt… He would probably have to get Liam to look at it; Liam was good at fixing things now.

He did resent the second comment, once the nameless luperci came closer to him, staring down at him from what the child considered a huge height. Puffing his chest and defying the adjective. “Not small!” Skoll barked, nose scrunched up as he tried to meet the man’s squinting eyes with his narrow green ones. “I son of King, Skoll Haskel. King big!”

Word Count → 341

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread